Courtesy of GroupRecipes.com
* 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed
* 2 cups of water or stock
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
* 1 tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed,...
Courtesy of Eating Well
*4 teaspoons of organic cocoa powder
*4 teaspoons of toasted, unsweetened coconut
*2 small bananas, sliced on the bias
Place cocoa and coconut on separate plates. Roll each banana slice in the cocoa, and shake off...
This is a great snack idea from two of our DSP members!
* 1 3/4 cups raw almonds (or 1 1/4 cups almond meal)
* 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
* 5 fresh dates pitted
* pinch of nutmeg
* 2 tsp of cinnamon
* pinch of sea salt
* 1 TBSP raw honey (you might need...
Here’s an easy way to get more vegetables into snack time! Serve with vegetable sticks for dipping.
* 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Courtesy of cooks.com
* 5 or 6 large sweet potatoes, peeled
* 1 stick butter
* 1/2 tsp. sea salt
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper (optional)
* 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (more or less, to taste)
1. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Simmer...
Courtesy of Laura Dolson and about.com
* 1 bag of fresh cranberries (12 oz)
* 1 teaspoon baking stevia (Steviva Blend)
* 1 cup water
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Put cranberries in a pot on the stove, and pick through to remove soft and/or...
Courtesy of Healthy Food for Living
* 4 large Medjool dates, pitted & roughly chopped, or enough to fill about 1/4 cup
* 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 1/4 tsp pure maple extract
* 1/2 cup mashed overripe banana, about...
*Courtesy of Andrea, a DSP member.
2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup julienne-cut drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
This is a great meal for vegetarians!
*Courtesy of Corinna, a DSP member.
1 can chick peas
1 1/2 lbs uncooked sweet potato diced
1 can diced tomatoes (low sodium or no salt added)
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup carrots, sliced
Try one or both of these delicious gazpacho recipes!
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped fine
3-4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and chopped fine
2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped fine
1 large bunch cilantro, chopped fine